- 1 medium egg
- 50g mozzarella in small cubes
- 50g spinach
- 350g tomatoes fresh or canned
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 75g (1/8th) of a medium onion roughly diced
- 7-8 basil leaves finely shredded
- Chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- 15g (4) slithers avocado
- 1 tbsp oil
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius or 360 Fahrenheit. Blend the tomatoes with the garlic, onions and season lightly with salt.
In a small ovenproof pan, heat oil over medium heat and fry the tomato sauce for 2-3 minutes so it reduces a little. Add the spinach, basil, chilli flakes, cook for 30 seconds until spinach wilted and season to taste.
Make a small hole in the middle and crack the egg in. Scatter the mozzarella pieces round the egg and bake for 10-12 minutes or until then egg is cooked to your liking.
Serve the avocado on top. This is great served with toasted bread.
- If you don’t have an ovenproof pan, cover your pan with a lid and cook the egg in the sauce until cooked.