- 100g raw prawns, de shelled and de veined
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cajun spice mix
- 75g quinoa
- 150g water or chicken stock
- 75g cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- handful mixed salad leaves
- 30g fresh corn
- 2 tbsp habanero salsa, optional
- 2 wedges lime
Rinse quinoa under water then add to a small pot with the water or chicken stock, a pinch of salt.
Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked then set aside
Pre heat grill or grill pan. Mix the prawns with the oil and cajun spice mix and season lightly with salt, grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until prawns cooked.
Serve the quinoa in a bowl with the salad, tomatoes and corn next to it and the prawns on top then drizzle over the salsa.
- Prawns can be replaced for fish, chicken or tofu.
- My advice is, cook quinoa in bigger batches so you aren’t constantly cooking. It keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days cooked.
- These are a great quick option to take with you to work to eat on lunch break.
- You can change the habanero salsa for a sauce of you choice, could be sweet chilli or even a vinaigrette.
- If you don’t have a grill or grill pan, you can fry them instead.
- If you can’t get fresh corn, canned is fine or use another veg of your choice