- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 10g minced ginger
- 60g diced white onion (roughly 1/4 of a small onion)
- 1 habanero chilli or chilli to taste
- 10g fresh coriander, including stalks (roughly 4-5 sprigs)
- 400 ml coconut milk light
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 pinch Good quality sea salt
- 100g courgette, diced
- 100g pepper (any color) seeds removed and diced
- 100g broccoli, picked into small florets
- 100g frozen peas
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Fresh chopped coriander to sprinkle over
- 375g chicken breast, diced
Add the coconut milk, garlic, onion, ginger, chilli, coriander and cumin to a blender and blend for a minute until everything is smooth.
Add to a pot, bring to a boil then reduce straight away to a gentle simmer. Add the chicken and vegetables EXCEPT for the peas.
Season lightly with salt. Mix well and simmer for 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked and vegetables softened.
Once chicken is cooked, squeeze in lemon juice and adjust seasoning with salt to taste. Add the peas and stir through the excess fresh coriander.
For a lower calorie option eat as it is. If you want to add calories, you can serve with rice or your favorite carb.
- Chicken thigh meat is more flavorful and juicy. If using thigh, buy boneless and skinless.
- Chicken could be substituted for prawns, fish, tofu or chickpeas depending on preferences.
- This makes a medium spiced dish. If you don’t like chilli, leave it out! If you can’t get habanero, use any chilli you can find!
- If you don’t want to use the veg I’ve listed, use your preferred vegetables in the same quantity as above. However, be sure to use veg that cooks at a similar time.
- I used light coconut milk. This is a way to reduce calories whilst still getting the flavor. If you want to increase calories, use full fat coconut milk.