- 250g Cod cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Hot madras Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger minced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 Small Chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 (60g) Small onion finely sliced
- 300g Chopped tomatoes (or canned)
- 100ml Water or Veg stock
- 50g Spinach
- Salt to taste
- 100g Basmati Rice well washed
- 175ml Water
Whilst rice is cooking, fry onions in oil over medium heat until lightly browned then add garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for about 1 minute
Add the curry powder and cook for 15 seconds stirring constantly, don’t let it burn!
Add chopped tomatoes, season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until they’ve softened then add the water or veg stock and reduce for a few minutes until thickened.
Add the cod and spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes (or until the cod is just cooked through) Season to taste and serve with rice
- You can change the cod for your preferred protein of choice, chicken or tofu works well.
- This can be made in small batches as part of meal prep.