- 150g skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 75g quinoa
- 150g water or chicken stock
For the Salsa
- 60g fresh corn kernels
- 80g cherry tomatoes 8-10, cut in halves
- 20g red onion, finely diced
- 60g cucumber, sliced
- 2 basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp vinaigrette of choice
Rinse quinoa well under running water then put in a small pot and cover with the water or broth, season lightly with salt, bring to boil then reduce to a simmer, cover with lid and cook for 15-20 minutes until the quinoa is soft and absorbed all the liquid.
Take chicken out fridge 30 minutes before cooking, and put it between baking paper, use a heavy object like a rolling pin to bash out the thicker part so it’s even, this will ensure it cooks evenly.
Pre heat grill or grill pan, mix the chicken with the oil and smoked paprika and grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked, leave it to rest for 3-4 minutes once cooked.
Combine salsa ingredients together with vinaigrette and season to taste. Serve the quinoa alongside the the salsa and sliced grilled chicken on top.
- Chicken can be swapped out for your protein of choice.
- This is great as meal prep and eaten as a cold salad.
- You can use canned corn or another vegetable if you can’t get fresh corn.