- 100g fresh sweet mango
- 40g low fat (5%) unsweetened yogurt
- 40g wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda or baking powder
- 1 whole medium egg
- 2 sprays canned oil
- 0 calorie maple syrup/sweetener (to taste)
Blend half the mango with the yoghurt, egg, flour and bicarbonate soda, you may need to scrape down the sides and blend again. This will be a thick batter. Spray a medium sized non stick pan with the oil.
Begin to pre heat the pan over a medium heat. Use a spatula and scrape the mixture from the blender into the pan and divide between 3 pancakes. This mixture is thick so you may need to use the spatula to spread it out.
Cook for roughly one minute. The pancakes are ready to flip when they are half cooked and the tops aren’t too wet. Once flipped, turn off the heat and leave for 10-15 seconds.
This will stop the pancakes overcooking and they’ll still be moist inside. Garnish with the other mango and zero calorie sweetener to taste
- Zero calorie sweetener is available in most supermarkets, if not, you can buy online.
- Mango can be replaced for banana.
- Spray oil helps to reduce calories. If you don’t have spray oil, add a teaspoon of oil and use paper towel to wipe round the pan to coat it.